PEARLS is putting effort behind the Giving Tuesday movement. This year, it takes place December 1st and it would be fantastic if you would be willing to participate in the day with us. Giving Tuesday is the largest national online fundraising day for philanthropy via social media. Now in its fourth year, #GivingTuesday is a global day of giving fueled by the power of social media collaboration. It’s part of the post-Thanksgiving Holiday “shopping” strategy: Black Friday, Small Business Saturday, Cyber Monday and Giving Tuesday.
Here are some examples of how you can help raise support for PEARLS on Giving Tuesday:
• Post a tweet of why you support PEARLS by taking an #UNSelfie and post on Twitter mentioning @PEARLS4TeenGirl (yes, there is no ‘s’ at the end).
• If you have given a financial gift to PEARLS, mention in a Facebook post or Twitter post and ask others to consider giving as well.
• Keep your eye on social media that day—re-tweet or share PEARLS’ messages on Facebook and Twitter surrounding the campaign.
Sample content to you can use or make your own on your social media platforms (this is easy to copy and paste into your calendar for December 1st. That way you’ll get a reminder and just copy and paste onto twitter or Facebook):
• I will match the next gift that comes in to PEARLS up to XXX! http://www.pearlsforteengirls.com/donate
• At P.E.A.R.L.S., the “S” is for “Support”. I’m an S, are you? #GivingTuesday http://www.pearlsforteengirls.com/donate
• .@PEARLS4TeenGirl are in the final hours of #GivingTuesday! You can still support PEARLS girls here: http://www.pearlsforteengirls.com/donate
• Today, giving up feels great! Here’s my #UNSelfie on why I #GivingTuesday (Post with YOUR PIC) http://www.pearlsforteengirls.com/donate
• I give to PEARLS to support Milwaukee girls. Who else believes in them? http://www.pearlsforteengirls.com/donate